Friday, April 27, 2012
Friday, September 02, 2011
Overview & Best Season of Delhi............November 2012...we're planning!Delhi presents a high variation between the summers and winters climates.
- Summers (March to June) are scorching with temperature rises to 47°C. Typically tourists avoid visting Delhi during the hot months of April to June.
- Winters (December to February) are very chill, with temperature dropping down to 1°C. January is foggy with heavy fogs disrupting traffics.
- Monsoons (July to September) are accompanied with heavy flooding rains intermittently. The gardens in Delhi are getting enlivened up during the monsoons.
- July to Septemebr is good for city trips and short sight seeing trips. Keep a watch on road blocks due to rains.
- October to December is ideal for all kinds of sight seeing activities in and around Delhi.
- January is chilly and fogs may disrupt the morning hours activities.
- February and March are pleasant and suitable for outings.
Something I have always wanted to do...and perhaps I can convince hubby to join me on a little road trip this long weekend to Creemore to the "100 Mile Store".
Friday, August 26, 2011
http://saffronandsilk.blogspot.com/ Check out the beautiful fabrics and products from Saffron and Silk. I am afraid I will absolutley have to buy something even if I do win 1, 2 or 3 of these pillow covers in the 'contest'. Fabrics interest me some much, especially South Asian fabrics so rich in colour and pattern.
Monday, July 18, 2011
Grant's visa application process has hit some red tape....more details needed at this end....said details supplied and we wait...for news.
Makes me think how fortunate we are not to need visas to travel to so many places...not needed to visit Jamaica but Grant needs one to visit Canada. A holiday. A vacation I don't understand!
Saturday, July 02, 2011
Happy Birthday Canada!
I love this country...um I didn't say I love the climate...not always but most times I do. I love that we are part of the Royal Empire and in honour of our 144th birthday...such a young country...here is a picture of the special visitors to 'the true north strong and free".
Saturday, June 04, 2011
Guess who is coming to Canada? Grant!
Our friend and trusting guide in Jamaica will fulfill his dream to see "our" world. I am happy our Jamaican jungle family can assist him with this dream. Our lovely yoga teacher took it upon herself to make the passport happen for Grant, and now the visa is in progress. A group reunion in the Owen Sound area, with Grant, seems highly possible now...later next month. He will love the Bruce trail, although may find the summer climate a little cool. Our new friends - rasta girlfriends from NYC - will be making their first visit to Canada as well. Ja mon.....blessings....one love.