"Cooking with Stella" http://www.cookingwithstella.com/ is a wonderful film, very clever and humorous and I wanted to eat Indian food right after. See it if you can.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Gardening time approaching
Another birthday soon
This weekend is forecasted to be mild....the grass is just beginning to green-up a bit...more spring bulbs are pushing through....I'm thinking ahead...forever designing in my head....searched 'container gardening' and found these beautiful lush photos that have inspired the design that is inside my head.
House bricks are this pink colour...I like the purple ground cover, white clematis with the bright orange potted plant...this would work.
Now, to find a sturdy porch swing for the back patio
Friday, March 26, 2010
A strange day today....missing a beat...on the outside looking in...strange day...strange week or two...when there is nothing to say...I will document with photos and pictures...I live but I also document..out of step..saw beautiful sunflower yellow crocuses today...spring.
100 Snowdrops in my garden
Monday, March 22, 2010
- if a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it....hmmmmm there is some truth there...being a secret 'friend' is akin to being invisible...I should run
- pay off your credit cards each month....I used to do that and I will again someday...maybe when money grows on trees.
- make peace with your past so it won't screw up your future....I don't have a past that I need to make peace with...just a past that holds some disappointments..
- take a deep breath it calms the mind...I know that is true..this may only work for a minute...so take another deep breath.
- get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful...spring cleaning!
- what other people think of you is none of your business...I like this one.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
A perfectly lovely lazy Sunday
Cold and damp
A dusting of snow
A day to stay in my pj's
Playing and painting
A chicken is roasting in the oven
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
It is a dull and rainy day today...the snow has been washed away and this is good...spring is coming.
I made a list of what to do today - paint, read, knit, and walk. The soft showers changed to a bit of a downpour so the walk was out. I am always knitting and I will continue to knit intermittently throughout the day and evening...two projects with a spring deadline. . I like to read at night mostly, in bed.
After playing with the camera, I set up to paint, prepared my space, sketched, had all my tools and inspiration nearby and painted.....the picture is now in the garbage...these things happen.
why the ipod picture? this is the ipod that took a bath with me several weeks ago...slowly it has been drying out...and this week I discovered that it works...it plays my music...the screen is blank however and I have no control over what I listen to...playlist, fast forward, shuffle are functions that no longer work...but the ipod is alive - sort of