Wednesday, March 26, 2003

I had a friend, for many years, a neighbourhood pal. She used to say with meaning (?) that I was the wise one of the circle, the spiritual one, educated, kind and one to always do the right thing. My how the worm turns because now I am the know-it-all, I think I'm better than her and everyone else, I am lucky to be educated, have a good life and yadi yadi yadi. She will go to her grave with a huge grudge and hating me for making her feel so miserable. She can manage that well enough on her own, mind you.

I might add that this person has a very colourful *ahem* life with loads of pain and trouble, most of which are self-induced. Bryan used to say if you looked up "dysfunctional family" in the dictionary, there would be her name. Too funny.

I don't know why I'm writing this here and now. I guess because I saw her recently. Pity I wasn't close enough to say "hello _____", but I wasn't. Besides I did that many months ago, months after our confrontation and was ignored. That was funny and immediately made me wish I had shouted "get over yourself" instead, but the fireworks would have only begun again.

I feel free and I am over this "friendship", which of course turned out not to be a true friendship in the end....unless one agrees with her opinions, her lifestyle, is ever ready to offer a shoulder to cry on continuously, never making an attempt to pull herself out of her mess. Auch well, I am over it all and I am free.

Namaste,

L

No comments: