Thursday, September 18, 2008


TIFF is over for another year. What a great holiday that is...5 days with my best friend, settling back into our hometown of Toronto; eating, walking, talking, shopping, movies - 6 of them, and seeing some "stars" as well....Geoffrey Rush, Colin Firth, Jessica Beil, Deepha Metha.

Photobooth pictures from TIFF this year...fun.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The highlight this year was Colin Firth!! Oh my...shy and adorable. The movie, a world premier, "Easy Virtue" was wonderful. I can't wait to see it upon general release. The set decoration and the costumes and Colin Firth doing the tango...oh yesssss!


A little shopping at MEC and I bought myself a very non-traditional colour for a winter coat. Last year the winter was long and dark and snowy and I was sick and tired of black and brown and dark blue, but mostly black. I vowed to wear colour this winter. Here is the coat I bought and here is a sample swatch of the colour - Aloe Green - there is also a nice fleece vest to go underneath and already have a windproof liner for winter.

Shopping also took me to Americo on Queen St. W. Oh my. A knitter's paradise for luxurious yarns. http://www.americo.ca/ . I couldn't decide what to buy and ended up with another skein of lime green alpaca and I don't know what I'll do with that. The pima cotton is soft beyond soft and I'm hoping by putting the two strands of light grey and darker grey together, I might be able to make a cowl/hood???????

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

oh yay for raspberry winter coats!

gazingoutback said...

Love the colours of your new blog...very tranquil
The time in TO seems so long ago!!
L