Tuesday, December 01, 2009


It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on...........
......I wish I had a river so long
......I would teach my feet to fly


from Joni Mitchell, of course...."River"








I am in my usual pre-Christmas bah humbug phase...it will pass...it always does and then I enjoy the magic of the season...somehow; I just do. I find my way, light, sparkle, green, pine...you get the idea.


I will find my way pretty quickly this year. I have a party to plan! My family, and this year, introducing...drum roll... the de Albuquerque's to the Campbell's...I really don't know about this meeting...no: I do know; and it will be fun and so "Goan" in many ways.



A party!

I feel like Virginia Wolf's "Mrs. Dalloway", planning a party...fun. Is there enough red wine to get me through this? Sure there is. And now the menu...what do you think??? Possibly 20 to 22 people, that is a lot for me, my little house, buffet for sure and non-Christmas food, easy, one dish, buffet...fill the plate and find a spot to perch, type of party. Appetizers - shrimp, smoked salmon, not-sure-what-else...main dish, Lasagna, Shepherd's Pie, Tourtierre, some-sort-of-veg, Salads, Pickles, mince tarts, shortbread...and on and on???? Traditional Scottish food.................sort of!

Decorations? Kept to a minimum....let the people, my family decorate my house this year.

No comments: