Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Standing on the edge of something much too deep

That is how I have been feeling and all sorts of thoughts are swirling in my head about what I should do with this feeling.  Painting has brought me peace.  A week away with my best friend filled my cup. Assurance from an old friend that we will continue in September brought me light. Well, perhaps not 'assurance' but a 'mention' that I am somewhere on the list for September...brought a spec of light.

I have a plan. A plan to once again take up yoga.  I will visit the three studios in town and decide which one is for me.  I think I may like this place http://www.functionstudiosinc.com/yoga.html  They offer various 'styles' of yoga as well as some fitness in the form of spin classes and Pilate's as well as a weekly drop-in meditation class. I will need to find a way to fit the monthly cost into my limited budget but I am positive this is do-able...I can and I will find $20/week for me

September has always been a time of new beginnings for me; the start of a new year; that feels more like a renewal than does the new year the calendar brings. TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) is soon, very soon and that has always been a time that ignites my renewal quest and journey. Maybe I can find a way to fit some watercolour lessons into my budget as well.

I also have a secret little dream of indulging in myself for more than a few hours.  An "Eat Pray Love" adventure on my own limited scale. What I would like is a weekend away by myself, absolutely alone with myself.  I have searched and I may have found just the escape to fit me.  A weekend at a B & B on Toronto Island in the fall.  I have been alone in my own home but never completely alone away from my surroundings.

Painting
Yoga
Meditation
Love and Light





2 comments:

George and Bunty said...

Did the September assurance materialize?

Leslie said...

nope :(