Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Where have I been for two weeks? I don't know really. Busy around the house with all the changes. Busy in my mind which seems to be spinning again. I have to grab hold of it and turn inward, calm myself. B-R-E-A-T-H-E.......that will do it.

Today it's like summer outside....summer with brown grass and leafless trees...unusually warm today, for today anyway, for surely the weather could turn on itself at any moment. That is spring in this part of my country. I am happy to be Canadian. I am happy to live in a reasonably safe and free part of the world. I am happy to be part of a country that is called "polite".

It seems that the President of the USA is determined to put the rest of the world "right". I'm not so sure about his ego nor his intentions! So, the US-led coalition has "freed" the Iraqi people from their chains. This is good...but at what cost? War means death; death for the innocent. I am sure they are happy to be freed. But for anyone who has lost a loved-one....even freedom will never fill the empty hole in their hearts.

I look longingly at my garden, anxious to get out there to cut and clear and check on new growth. If the weather cooperates I plan to spend this long weekend in the garden. One is closest to God in the garden. I don't know who said that but it's so true.

That's all for this day......tomorrow sometime I will be a year older!

Namaste,

L




No comments: