Sunday, January 10, 2010

The WORD. 

I have noticed on several of my favourite blog sites, that people are choosing a word for 2010 instead of setting a resolution in place.  I never make New Year's resolutions; in fact I have difficulty with any resolution that means I must change something negative about myself into something positive. I don't like the idea of starting off a new year, or a new day or new minute with a negative tone, especially if it is directed at me....by me! This negative tone is an internal battle with myself that I must curb..I must stop... and so I will pick a WORD to wisk me into the new year, a new decade.

I have been pondering my WORD for about 10 days now, checked the meanings of words I know the meaning of, from various research sources....just to see the 'wording' of the meaning.  So many words. I want a simple word, a word I can repeat to myself when the chips are down.  Compassion is a word that I like, but it is with with compassion that I try and live each day.  Joy and Passion were the final choices.

JOY noun: something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness; the emotion of great happiness.  verb: make glad or happy; feel happiness or joy.



PASSION noun: strong feeling or emotion; a feeling of strong sexual desire; any object of warm affection or devotion.  verb: an irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action; something that is desired intensely

joy or passion


Joy is my word
with joy in my life I invite passion
to follow along with us (me and joy) like a friend.
joy and I will fight obstacles along the way
ignore them
send them spinning away from me.

joy

No comments: