Sunday, October 19, 2008

This weekend was about finishing incomplete objects....visit with family...enjoy the cool sunny days. I did not get to Toronto for my shot of inspiration...I slept in Saturday morning. I was enjoying that sleep so much...the thought of getting up and ready for a bus trip to the city...well I just drifted back to never never land. I woke up gently and took my first cup of coffee out to the swing. This "Claude" sweater has been haunting me...I changed the top part which was way too open. But, this size is so all wrong for me...it must be at least 2 sizes too big and too short...It will be my going-out-to-dig-in-the-garden sweater!! Sad. Disappointing when things don't turn out. But we learn.
This is the real "Claude". So pretty and functional and perhaps I will have another go at it some day.
I love this sweater...by Stella McCartney
Cousins...Lynne from Denmark whom I hadn't seen in 41 years, me in the middle, and her sister Heather on the right..who normally doesn't scowl like that. The girls were here to help their dad sort things out.

On the knitting front, I'm going great guns with my socks. Watched two movies over the weekend "Then She Found Me" and "Before the Rains". Enjoyed both.

On my 20/20/20 or 30/20 thing...I'm doing ok...not walking as frequently as I would like, nor hitting the floor for crunches as often either...managing 3 X week and I have to push my self every time! And yet I feel great after walking - dah! I have no problem getting in the 20++++ part for knitting or reading though.

Shopped for fresh vegies and fruits today....in hopes of beginning to change my diet a bit this week.

No comments: